Most of the dust and grit that collects in a piano over time ends up in places that are neither visible nor accessible to the piano owner. This dust and grit eventually works its way into the working mechanism of the piano, leading to premature wear and even bigger problems down the road.
It is not a good idea for a piano owner to attempt to clean the inside of his or her piano. This is best left to the professional piano technician. Fragile, delicate parts are too easily mishandled, misplaced, or broken. This is why we offer a complete line of professional piano cleaning service.
VERTICAL PIANO COMPLETE CLEANING
For a vertical piano (uprights and spinets), a complete cleaning includes:
- Remove and clean behind all removable case parts
- Remove action and keys and blow out dust (this is done outside)
- Vacuum the keyframe
- COST: Most Non-Spinet Verticals = $150; Most Spinets: $275
GRAND PIANO COMPLETE CLEANING
For a grand piano, a complete cleaning includes:
- Remove and blow the dust out of the action and keys (this is done outside)
- Remove action stack and keys and vacuum key frame
- Vacuum around the tuning pins
- Remove dust from top surface of the soundboard
- Remove dust from top surface of the plate
- Remove dust from top surface of the dampers
- Clean and lubricate (as needed) the keybed
- COST: Most Grands = $195
Please note that the above rates are for complete cleanings. Reduced rates are available when only a partial cleaning is needed.